Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

BUG: Can't Change Username and No Warning It Is Public (Big Privacy Issue)

Views 1262

Replies 5

Hello

When you make an account you are not warned that your username is made public. Furthermore you can't change this once your account has been made and you can't delete posts. This means that if you use your real name or another online pseudonym you don't want connected you are being put at risk of doxxing.

You should change this immediately so that you can modify your username or atleast delete posts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @xyz98765,

This has always been a public forum and we have warnings in our house rules about ensuring you don't post personally identifying information. If you would like us to change your username we can do that though just let us know what you would like it changed to.

Thanks, NateH

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @xyz98765,

This has always been a public forum and we have warnings in our house rules about ensuring you don't post personally identifying information. If you would like us to change your username we can do that though just let us know what you would like it changed to.

Thanks, NateH

Replies 1

Hi yes I would like to change it. anything is fine try xyz98765

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @xyz98765,

All changed Smiley Happy

Replies 1

Hi could you please delete my account or change my name

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @GKG123,

What would you like your name changed to?

Thanks, NateH