Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Do I need to be registered for gst?

Views 323

Replies 1

Hello. I have 2 businesses, 1 is set up as a trust as an entity and the other is set up as an extra business name under the same abn. The trust is currently not registered for gst. If im earning 50k at the trust business and 40k at the extra 2nd business, am I required to register for gst (is the calculation combined? ie., 50k + 40k = $90 which is over the 75k gst threshold), or does each business have its own separate $75k threshold, therefore I'm not required to be gst registered?  Thanks for ur advice Smiley Happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you were operating under two different ABNs they would be seperate businesses or entities and you wouldnt need to register. becuase you're operating under the one ABN it's consider the same entity so yes you need to register for GST if you're over the threshold 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you were operating under two different ABNs they would be seperate businesses or entities and you wouldnt need to register. becuase you're operating under the one ABN it's consider the same entity so yes you need to register for GST if you're over the threshold