ATO Community

Re: Limited Partnership ABN Linking

Initiate

Views 330

Replies 5

I have registered a Limited Partnership with Consumer Affairs Victoria and I have created an ABN for the LP. How do I go about linking the ABN to the LP I registered with CAV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @ChrisS9,

If you've created an ABN for the limited partnership, that's all that's required as far as the tax-side is concerned.

You may need to speak to Consumer Affairs Victoria to update the partnership's details to add the ABN to their records. Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @ChrisS9,

If you've created an ABN for the limited partnership, that's all that's required as far as the tax-side is concerned.

You may need to speak to Consumer Affairs Victoria to update the partnership's details to add the ABN to their records. Smiley Happy

Initiate

Replies 3

Hey Blake, thanks for your response.

My issue is that the name of the ABN is currently a generic name (the initials of the partners) that was automatically assigned when I registered the it, I want the name of the ABN to be the name I registered the LP as, if this is possible.

When I search for business name availability on ASIC the name of the LP I registered comes up. Is it possible to change the name of the ABN to that registered name?

Thanks

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @ChrisS9

If you've registered a business name with ASIC this generally flows through automatically to the ABR and should display on ABN Lookup. If this hasn't happened yet you can contact us to action this.

Please check our website for the details to contact us on our Business line.

Ari

Initiate

Replies 1

Thanks @AriH,

The business name was not registered with ASIC, it was registered with CAV. I am unable to create the business name with ASIC as it has already been registered with CAV and appears in ASIC Connect's business name search.

How do I go about linking the business name I've registered with CAV to an ABN? I do not have an ASIC key for the business name, I only have the LP's registration number.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ChrisS9

It sounds like your business name may be registered with ASIC who administer Business name registration etc. This may have been done through CAV as the CAV website refers to ASIC for Business name registration.

Here is the link to ASIC for information about how to add an ABN for names owned by Partnerships.

If you need further information ASIC will be the best ones to speak to.

As mentioned earlier your details will flow to the ABR and ABN look up. If not then we can match the systems to the information ASIC has.

Hope this helps

Ari