Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Linking Mygov to ATO

Highlighted

Views 3379

Replies 1

Good Day everyone,

I am struggling to link mygov with ATO. I want to file my Tax returns for the first time.

I am currently out of Australia for some work and will not return before November, so I need to get my ATO linked to Mygov soon.

When I choose, use questions specific to me, I enter the following details

PayG Summary Gross Income in 5 digits without spaces or decimals or comma.

Superannuation account details as below:

The Super Fund ABN without spaces, comma or any other character. Only numbers.

Member account number ??? On my Super Fund statement, I have a member Number and an Account number.

Which one should I enter? Or is it member number and account number both to be entered?

I have tried but it fails to identify any records in the ATO.

I can't call ATO as I'm out of Australia. I can't chat as well, since chat is only available for Mytax users, who have linked Mygov.

Kindly assist.

1. Akeel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Akeel

Welcome to our Community!

When linking your myGov account to ATO online services, the information you provide to verify your identity needs to match the information we have on file for you. The super fund details you need to enter relates to your member account number of the superannuation fund account you have had contributions paid to. You may need to entre each number separately to see which number the fund has supplied to us - or contact your super fund. 

If you haven't lodged a tax return before, we may not have enough information to confirm your identity online. You’ll need to complete a few extra steps to link your account in myGov, which you can find in our guide to Tax time 2018: Still having trouble lodging? Troubleshooting FAQs.

As this is the first time you've lodged a tax return, if you're unable to link to ATO online services you may need to lodge a paper return.  

Thanks, JodieH. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Akeel

Welcome to our Community!

When linking your myGov account to ATO online services, the information you provide to verify your identity needs to match the information we have on file for you. The super fund details you need to enter relates to your member account number of the superannuation fund account you have had contributions paid to. You may need to entre each number separately to see which number the fund has supplied to us - or contact your super fund. 

If you haven't lodged a tax return before, we may not have enough information to confirm your identity online. You’ll need to complete a few extra steps to link your account in myGov, which you can find in our guide to Tax time 2018: Still having trouble lodging? Troubleshooting FAQs.

As this is the first time you've lodged a tax return, if you're unable to link to ATO online services you may need to lodge a paper return.  

Thanks, JodieH.