ATO Community

Lodging my BAS

Views 296

Replies 1

Last quarter I lodged our 2 BAS successfully but something seems to have change.  I have managed to get machine credential finally working but I still can't see what I need to do our BAS.  I'm logged to RAM and everything appears to be in order except maybe Machine Credential Administrator, do I need to do this step as well?  Is there a step by step guide for lodging because I've at this for a couple of hours and I'm getting extremly fustrated.  I thought this was suppose to be easier. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RBoneham ,

Sorry to hear of the frustration you've experienced in lodging your BAS.

I don't believe any further steps are required for setting up as you've successfully lodged two BAS previously.

When you log on to the Business Portal for your entity is there a June quarterly BAS 2020 appearing as available to lodge?

A common scenario is that a business has a monthly and quarterly BAS obligation, say GST quarterly and PAYG withholding monthly. If this applies to your business you'll lodge PAYGW on the monthly April BAS and monthly May BAS. On the June quarterly BAS you'll report the GST for the quarter and the PAYGW for the month of June (PAYGW for 1 June - 30 June 2020).

So if you have a monthly and quarterly obligation you'll report the quarterly and the monthly obligation (that pertains to the last month of that quarter) on the quarterly BAS. See How to lodge your BAS

Let us know if this helps and if you have any further questions,

JasonT

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RBoneham ,

Sorry to hear of the frustration you've experienced in lodging your BAS.

I don't believe any further steps are required for setting up as you've successfully lodged two BAS previously.

When you log on to the Business Portal for your entity is there a June quarterly BAS 2020 appearing as available to lodge?

A common scenario is that a business has a monthly and quarterly BAS obligation, say GST quarterly and PAYG withholding monthly. If this applies to your business you'll lodge PAYGW on the monthly April BAS and monthly May BAS. On the June quarterly BAS you'll report the GST for the quarter and the PAYGW for the month of June (PAYGW for 1 June - 30 June 2020).

So if you have a monthly and quarterly obligation you'll report the quarterly and the monthly obligation (that pertains to the last month of that quarter) on the quarterly BAS. See How to lodge your BAS

Let us know if this helps and if you have any further questions,

JasonT