Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: myGov ID application

Highlighted

Initiate Registered Tax Practitioner

Views 687

Replies 5

I have already installed this app on my Android phone twice and still having continuous problems. Opening app to login to ATO online. And don't direct me. To your help page provide me with an answer as to why I continue to have this problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 3

+1 what NateH said - hard to give an answer when you don't give us any information around the problem you are having.

I had issues for a while, I couldn't even open the app, and when I could it would give me errors. Try two things:

1) Manually enable the MyGovID app to use your phone's camera. I worked out the app wouldn't open because it didn't have that permission (and it only asked for that permission after opening the app)

2) Clear the cache and data store of the MyGovID app

Otherwise, call the ATO and give them details of what your issue is instead of wanting a forum to read your mind

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @Conmichaliadis,

Thanks for getting in touch, can you please provide us with some details about what is happening when you try to log on?

Let us know any error codes or messages that are coming up, that way we can try and work out exactly what is happening.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 3

+1 what NateH said - hard to give an answer when you don't give us any information around the problem you are having.

I had issues for a while, I couldn't even open the app, and when I could it would give me errors. Try two things:

1) Manually enable the MyGovID app to use your phone's camera. I worked out the app wouldn't open because it didn't have that permission (and it only asked for that permission after opening the app)

2) Clear the cache and data store of the MyGovID app

Otherwise, call the ATO and give them details of what your issue is instead of wanting a forum to read your mind

Highlighted

Replies 2

So here's the thing when I hit the app. It flickers. And nothing else happens i have cleared the cache and data and reinstall it then it works a couple more times and then it disabled itself again i don't have this issue on my older android phone what do you mean enabling the camera and by the way when you clear the cache a and the data you have to go through the re installation process again thank you
Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 1

@Conmichaliadis if you're still experiencing this issue, we recommend contacting us like @MCA_Accountants said. You can email support@mygovid.gov.au with the following information from your device settings and we'll do our best to help you out:

• Client's name:
  • Preferred contact number:
  • myGovID email:
  • App version:
  • Device:
  • Model:
  • Android version:
  • Date/time zone settings on device:
  • Language settings on device:
  • Date/time myGovID app was last uninstalled/reinstalled:
Highlighted

Replies 0

I did ring one of your tax officers  and explained my issue  in the end they said they could not help it was still a beta version and that I would still have to wait  for my issue to be resolved thanks for all your help