Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Business GST turnover

Highlighted

Views 71

Replies 2

was wondering if someone could help me please with the following information. 
I have an online business selling craft supplies. The business turnover is well below $75000 and therefore business is not GST registered as yet. I am monitoring my sales in case if I reach the $75000 figure and need to register. As my business is operating online only I ship all products and pass the cost of postage paid to Australia Post to the customer at the time of sale. My question is, would the postage charge be a part of business turnover or is the turnover only for the products I sell?. The postage charges are a big part of the total amount and sometimes can be higher than the actual product so it is important that I calculate this properly. I did try to search for the answer online but can't seem to find any information related to shipping charges for online sales. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Postage fees that you charge will be included in your turnover unless your client is paying them direct to AusPost etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Postage fees that you charge will be included in your turnover unless your client is paying them direct to AusPost etc.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thank you very much for your reply Smiley Happy