Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: GST charge on Disability goods supply

Views 133

Replies 2

Hi there,

I am after information on when to charge and not charge GST when it comes to supply of goods for people with disabilities.  We are a provider of NDIS and supply vehicle disability solutions either direct to the customer who is using the solutions or to a business who will be installing it for the customer.  My question is in regards to GST and on freight.  I have two scenarios that i am unsure of whether or not to charge GST and we have received push-back from both the customer and the businesses we deal with when we have GST on the invoice so i want to make sure before we go back to them.  Scenarios are as follows:

1. We supply a disability aid directly to the customer (such as a vehicle positioning harness) and we need to freight it to their location.  Does the freight component attract GST to the customer?

1. We supply a disability aid to another business who will then install it for the customer.  We need to freight the goods to the other business, does the freight component attract GST to the business?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hiya @AminA

Thank you for your great questions. GST would be applicable to the freight, in both instances. The cost of freight is a taxable sale, in both instances.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hiya @AminA

Thank you for your great questions. GST would be applicable to the freight, in both instances. The cost of freight is a taxable sale, in both instances.

Replies 0

Hi Steph,

Thanks for clarifying, we will now update our accounting systems to reflect this.