Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

How do I register my business for PAYG withholding tax?

Highlighted

Views 147

Replies 3

Hi,

I need to register my business for PAYG withholding tax, but I cannot understand where.

It say if I have an ABN, which I do, I can do it through the business portal but I cannot see\understand where on the business portal I can do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 2

Hi @pvranich 

If you have access to the Business Portal you can add the PAYGW role in the adding a tax type function.

The Business Portal Help page is available to step you through the process.

To access the Business Portal you will need to create a mygovid, if you have not already done this, and link your business through Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).

All the best with this.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 2

Hi @pvranich 

If you have access to the Business Portal you can add the PAYGW role in the adding a tax type function.

The Business Portal Help page is available to step you through the process.

To access the Business Portal you will need to create a mygovid, if you have not already done this, and link your business through Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).

All the best with this.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi @DeniseATO ,

Thanks for the information but I don't have an option, on the "Beusiness regestration details", screen to add a new tax type as per the documentation

I can see a registrations option but this screen doesn't allow me to add a new tax type either

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

What tax types can you see under the business registrations page?