Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper - Requesting for backpayments

Devotee

Views 195

Replies 6

Hi , If time permits please assist on the below

Scenario

If a business  failed to apply for jobkeeper for a part of  the first job keeper scheme ( Job keeper 1.0) due to some reason is there any possbility to for the business to seek redress from the ATO ? 

To whom should the business reach out in ATO ( e.g something like an  E-mail contact ) ,is there a specific review board or something like that to which a submission coud be made ?

I understand that it is highly unlikey that ATO would untilnate grant JK for the missed periods.

So the purpose of the question is only to know  whether there is a process to address any grievances 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 5

Jobkeeper is paid to employers after paying employees so it is just about impossible now to address the situation when Jobkeeper is about to end 

6 REPLIES 6

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 5

Jobkeeper is paid to employers after paying employees so it is just about impossible now to address the situation when Jobkeeper is about to end 

Devotee

Replies 4

@SM2304 Thanks a lot . I agree with you but would like to raise it with ATO , like you know take a chance and see .

Are you aware  any  place in ATO  like a tribunal or a board that handles grievances where I could reach out to.

I am not bothered of the outcome but just want to attempt and see.

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Joachim,

@SM2304 is right - if a business was not enrolled prior to the end of the month they're attempting to claim for, they won't be able to submit a monthly business declaration, and have missed the deadline for that month.

If an employee is not paid JobKeeper in the JobKeeper fortnight, the business cannot claim JobKeeper for that period for that employee.

You can about both of these points on our JobKeeper key dates page.

Devotee

Replies 0

@BlakeATO Thank you

Community Manager

Replies 1

Hi @Joachim

To answer your follow-up question, you can object to an ATO decision through the link below:

Object to an ATO decision

Devotee

Replies 0

@JoshH Thank you