Views 3304

Replies 8

I have tried on several occasion to obtain a mygov id using 

1. my passport

2. my license

3. my medicare card

Each time I try to obtain a mygov id I get the following reply

"Unable to verify identity"

I have called the help line, gone through the process with them and tried everything they have suggested.

As this form of identity is necessary to log into the business portal as from 28 March 2020, what are my options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 7

Hi @Johanna,

Are you getting an error code when you try this? This will help us work out exactly what is going wrong.

Also just checking - are your names an exact match on your myGovID and identity documents? If they are different we have some steps you can take to verify a name change. If none of them work then you may have to create a new myGovID with a different email address.

Thanks, NateH

8 REPLIES 8

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 7

Hi @Johanna,

Are you getting an error code when you try this? This will help us work out exactly what is going wrong.

Also just checking - are your names an exact match on your myGovID and identity documents? If they are different we have some steps you can take to verify a name change. If none of them work then you may have to create a new myGovID with a different email address.

Thanks, NateH

Replies 6

Error message 45047 (422)

The information entered is identical to documents scanned.

I have already tried to use a different email address.

How can I verify my identity before the end of the month so I dont get locked out of the business portal?

Community Moderator

Replies 3

Hi @Johanna,

Try the steps on the myGovID help page for What if I receive an error message 'Unable to verify'

Hope this helps. 

NateH

Replies 0

Hi Nate

I am having the same issues and have been waiting for a manager to call me to rectify the issue.

i get the code 45047 and also 45048.

Please urgently help me.

I will no longer be able to use my tax agent portal on Friday.

Thanks

Replies 1

No it doesn’t.

Replies 0

I spent a hour on the phone this morning with the help line and even they didn’t know why this problem is happening so they put me through to complaints. 

After lodging a complaint they informed me it may take 3 working days to get a response.

That isn’t helpful and it won’t let me log onto the business portal when needed.

I think it would be helpful if the Tax office business portal could be accessible in the current manner until the myGovID app is working properly.

Replies 1

I would love the answer to this question also.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Johanna

So sorry your experience is not proving a good one. AUSkey was built over 10 years ago. Each AUSkey has a hard coded expiry date which cannot be extended beyond 27 March 2020. That said what to do now? In a forum due to the variables of the issues our best option is to refer you to the this Need Help? document.

I would recommend reviewing the subject content first on the left. Please carefully read what is applicable to your scenario. Its not a bad idea to summarise and write down what your issue is before commencing. This should help you focus on what is truly relevant information. Work through the various questions only applying criteria you match exactly disregard the other.The questions under  General Questions and Proving your Identity are the most likely where you will find information applicable to assist you.

Please keep posted as we continue working through this transition.

Regards

MarkA