Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

NDIS for plan managers

Highlighted

Views 203

Replies 1

I am a Plan Manager for NDIS which means I manage the budgets of clients. When the client receives a service I claim the money (invoice) from NDIS and then forward it to the provider. Most sevices do not have GST applied but in the event that they do, do Ineed to account for GST or do I not need to because I am simply claiming the funds thay are entitled too and then passing them on.

I am not paying for services and then being reimbursed, just to be clear. 

I use a seperate bank account specifically for client funds to go in and out of.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @melindasullivan

In this situation you do not need to account for GST. It is only relevant to NDIS and the service provider that is charging GST.

GST would only apply to you if you are registered and charging clients for this service you are providing for them. Take a look at how GST works.

Hope this helps.

Ari

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @melindasullivan

In this situation you do not need to account for GST. It is only relevant to NDIS and the service provider that is charging GST.

GST would only apply to you if you are registered and charging clients for this service you are providing for them. Take a look at how GST works.

Hope this helps.

Ari