Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Payslips and PAYG summary from business which has shut down

Highlighted

Views 1623

Replies 5

Hi,
I require payslips and PAYG summary from my employer from 2013 but they have shut down and I am unable to contact them.

Is there another way or option of getting this information?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sebby03,

Welcome to the Community.

As @macfanboy and @DuncanS have mentioned, payment summary details are reported to us and may be available in pre-fill in myTax or through a registered tax practitioner.

If you need your payment summary for another reason, you can request a copy of your payment summary.

We are unable to assist with requesting copies of payslips. You may wish to talk to the Fair Work Ombudsman to see if there are other ways you can obtain payslip information.

Thanks, NicM.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 1

Everytime that you earn money it is reported to the ATO at the end of the financial year.

So call the ATO and ask them to provide the information that you require to lodge any outstanding tax returns.

Highlighted

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

@Sebby03 @macfanboy

There was a recent post on the ATO Community on this topic.

Accountants have had a Pre-Filling Report for some 10 years and in recent years prefill has been available on MyTax.

If a Payment Summary was not lodged by your Employer, the ATO can advise on other avenues eg payslip.

Duncan

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sebby03,

Welcome to the Community.

As @macfanboy and @DuncanS have mentioned, payment summary details are reported to us and may be available in pre-fill in myTax or through a registered tax practitioner.

If you need your payment summary for another reason, you can request a copy of your payment summary.

We are unable to assist with requesting copies of payslips. You may wish to talk to the Fair Work Ombudsman to see if there are other ways you can obtain payslip information.

Thanks, NicM.

Highlighted

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

@Sebby03 @macfanboy @NicATO

If a Payment Summary has not been lodged by the employer and a Pay Slip is not held by the employee, I understand the ATO may accept other means of reconstructing the Salary and tax for a FY.

I have not come across these circumstances so do not have personal experience.

Single Touch Payroll (STP) may be a burden for my clients but it will improve payroll reporting to the ATO.

Payroll records under STP may be obtained by an employee from their MyTax eg payment summaries YTD payroll

Duncan

Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

We used to collect data from bank accounts and then work out tax withheld and then get a signed stat dec witnessed by a JP.