ATO Community

Re: Refusal to supply invoices

I'm new

Views 5507

Replies 4

What can I do if a company fails to supply invoices, despite numerous requests?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @BlackZorro,

Welcome to our Community!

If you've requested a tax invoice from a supplier so you can claim the GST credit, they have 28 days to supply one to you. If they haven't supplied the tax invoice within 28 days, you can request our permission to use another document as a valid invoice. You can do so by emailing GSTmail@ato.gov.au or writing to us. You can find more information on our website.

If you're a business, you can also contact the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) to discuss your options.

Thanks, JodieH.

4 REPLIES 4

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Then why pay them?

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @BlackZorro,

Welcome to our Community!

If you've requested a tax invoice from a supplier so you can claim the GST credit, they have 28 days to supply one to you. If they haven't supplied the tax invoice within 28 days, you can request our permission to use another document as a valid invoice. You can do so by emailing GSTmail@ato.gov.au or writing to us. You can find more information on our website.

If you're a business, you can also contact the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) to discuss your options.

Thanks, JodieH.

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi

I have a customer who has purchased goods from us online and is requesting a tax invoice. 

We have provided this invoice and he is advising that he is reporting us to the ATO as we have not supplied a invoice. 

Can you please advise the steps that should be taken on this? 

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @BG2,

There is a requirement that you provide your customer with an invoice but if you have done this already then you have fulfilled that requirement.  You could offer to send another one to the customer to see if they will accept it.

Just keep records of when you sent the invoice and any communications you have sent to the customer so you can prove that you have sent it.

Thanks, NateH