Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Tax Return

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 1089

Replies 2

Hey guys,

Okay so i lodged my tax return with a company on the 8th of August (day after my 18th birthday) and they lodged my tax return with the ATO and they got the funds from the ATO on the 28th of August (i dont know what happened there) and they emailed me a transfer time and date which was the 21st of September. 3 days before the transfer date, i receive another email from them claiming that they are having technical difficulties and i wont receive my tax return for another 5 business days. Far enough. So i cut them some slack and waited the extra 5 business days. It is now the 8th of October. It has been 2 whole months since i lodged my tax return with them and i havent received anything. I have called and emailed them countless times and ive run out of options. I called the ATO and they told me it is out of their hands once the funds leave their company. They told me the accountant name that they transferred the refunds to which is called QTR Accountsnts Pty Ltd. They have recently changed their name from OnlineTaxReturn to QuickTaxRefunds. I got told by the ATO to take legal action or go visit the office but they are located in Perth, WA and i live here is Sydney, NSW so i cant really visit them. I want to get a tax lawyer but i cant afford it. So ive run out of options. What do i do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @isaiahbrown1,

Welcome to our Community!  Thanks for your questions.  If you have concerns about the conduct of your tax agent you can contact the Tax Practitioner Board for advice. The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) is a national body responsible for the registration and regulation of tax agents, BAS agents and tax (financial) advisers (collectively referred to as 'tax practitioners').

I hope this helps, JodieM

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @isaiahbrown1,

Welcome to our Community!  Thanks for your questions.  If you have concerns about the conduct of your tax agent you can contact the Tax Practitioner Board for advice. The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) is a national body responsible for the registration and regulation of tax agents, BAS agents and tax (financial) advisers (collectively referred to as 'tax practitioners').

I hope this helps, JodieM

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @isaiahbrown1

Just saw your old post and it might relate to this media release from the TPB:

https://www.tpb.gov.au/news-media/media-releases/tpb-and-ato-act-swiftly-complaints-about-alleged-th...

Link contains additional contact options if you're still impacted.

Thanks