Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Re: Trust Tax: Summary of the differences between non-MIT, MIT, and AMIT

Initiate

Views 156

Replies 2

Hi, ATO Community!

I am doing a research and about to report a summary or workflow perhaps on how to ascertain whether a trust is qualified to be considered as a Managed Investment Trust (MIT) or an Attribution Managed Investment Trust (AMIT). I would also want to create a summary (table or whatever diagram) of the differences among a non-MIT, MIT, and AMIT.

Please help me out by dropping the links that I would be needing. Or maybe you have some available illustration there. Really need help.

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Non-MITs - fixed, discretionary, unit etc. These depend on the trust deed + yee old English trust law.

MIT - you have eligiblity criteria - see here.

AMIT - see here.

I'm sure if you drop your question into google + ato - you should get some hits.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Non-MITs - fixed, discretionary, unit etc. These depend on the trust deed + yee old English trust law.

MIT - you have eligiblity criteria - see here.

AMIT - see here.

I'm sure if you drop your question into google + ato - you should get some hits.

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you so much, @TaxedoMask !