ATO Community

When to lodge company tax return 2019

Views 12084

Replies 3

Hello there,

I registered a proprietary company in August 2018. It is a small business and so far mainly owner contributions and expenses have occured - very little revenue (far less than expenses paid using owner's capital).

Could someone please tell me when I need to lodge a corporate tax return for 2019? The company is not registered for GST (as the $75,000 threshold hasn't been met).

In addition, is there any other paperwork I must submit?

Thank you so much in advance!

Izy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Izy

Thanks for getting in touch!

Generally speaking, the lodgment and payment due date for small companies is 28 February, however it will depend on whether you lodge the return yourself or if you have a registered tax agent lodge on your behalf. If you lodge yourself, you can check out the due dates on our website. 

You can find further information about companies lodging income tax returns on our website, or if you have further questions about lodging you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. 

Thanks, JodieH. 

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Izy

Generally speaking, the lodgment and payment due date for small companies is 28 February, however it will depend on whether you lodge the return yourself or if you have a registered tax agent lodge on your behalf. If you lodge yourself, you can check out the due dates on our website. 

You can find further information about companies lodging income tax returns on our website, or if you have further questions about lodging you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. 

Thanks, JodieH. 

Replies 1

@JodieHThank you so much for taking the time to reply! From my understanding Australia's financial year is July 1 to June 30.

As I registered the proprietary company in August 2018 - does this mean I'll be filing a Corporate Income Tax Return for 2019? And will this need to be submitted by February 28 2020?

Thank you very much in advance and have a lovely day!

Azize

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Izy

Yes, your correct - the Australian financial year runs from 1 July to 30 June.

If you registered your company in August 2018 then the first tax return to lodge for the company will be 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, also knonw as the 2019 financial year with the due date of 28 February 2020. If your situation changes, you can phone us on 13 28 66 to confirm the due date for lodgment. 

Thanks JodieH.