Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: 1 ABN 2 business partnership

Highlighted

Views 175

Replies 3

Our partnership (husband & wife) with 2 businesses trade under one ABN. Are we eligible to claim for the Jobkeeper payment for each business (ie can I claim under my business and my husband claim under his business?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @seversfamily 

Thanks for reaching out to us, we do understand this is a difficult time.

To apply for JobKeeper payments the business needs to have an ABN and meet the employers eligibility criteria, only one application per ABN is allowed.

Depending on the structure of your business, either you or your husband could register as an eligible business participant and the other may be able to receive some assistance from Services Australia.

If you are both listed as employees of the business then you could both be nominated as eligible employees.

Hope this information helps you, SueO

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @seversfamily 

Thanks for reaching out to us, we do understand this is a difficult time.

To apply for JobKeeper payments the business needs to have an ABN and meet the employers eligibility criteria, only one application per ABN is allowed.

Depending on the structure of your business, either you or your husband could register as an eligible business participant and the other may be able to receive some assistance from Services Australia.

If you are both listed as employees of the business then you could both be nominated as eligible employees.

Hope this information helps you, SueO

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thanks very much Sue for the clarification

Both my husband and I work actively in the business (excess of 40 hours each per week) however we do not draw an actual wage each week. Most of our profit is utilised as cash flow for the businesses.

Can we both, under these circumstances, access the job keeper payment?

Thanks again Sue

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @seversfamily,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your follow up question.

We do understand how difficult this time can be, however the guidelines are clear that only one person can make a claim as an eligible business participant under the ABN.

As I explained Services Australia may be able to offer some additional assistance. Alternately you may be eligible to apply for early release of super.

I wish you all the very best and hope you are able to receive some additional assistance, SueO