ATO Community

2 casual employments with Job Keeper

Views 701

Replies 4

I have 2 casual employments, 1 which I receive Job keeper the other which I still get income (although my income has been reduced due to loss of hours due to covid-19).

I am wanting to resign from my Job where I recieve Job Keeper although I am curious whether I can then start receiving Job Keeper from the Job I am going to continue working at??

Any information will be muchly appreciated!! 

Thank-You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JessD 

We've double checked this with our technical team and while you can have two jobs, once you have agreed to be nominated by one of your eligible employers and completed the Employee nomination notice, you cannot change the employer who is claiming JobKeeper payments for you. You can only complete an Employee nomination notice for one employer. This information is included in the JobKeeper FAQs for employees on our website.

In response to your second question, if your employer wants to claim JobKeeper for the first two JobKeeper fortnights, they would need to have paid you by 8 May. If they have done this, they have until 31 May to enrol in the scheme. Take a look at our JobKeeper key dates for more information.

I hope this clears some questions up for you and I wish you all the best.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Support

Replies 2

*** Incorrect information removed by moderator on 19 May 2020 ***

Replies 0

Thank you so so much. The information you have provided me with has answered everything. Im so grateful. have a wonderufl week.

Regards,

Jess 

Replies 0

@WainWright please confirm for me, Is it true that If your employer is applying for Job Keeper on your behalf that it had to be applied for by a certain date? Or can I start a new process with my other employer whome I'm wanting to claim Job Keeper through? 

Thanks,

Jess 

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JessD 

We've double checked this with our technical team and while you can have two jobs, once you have agreed to be nominated by one of your eligible employers and completed the Employee nomination notice, you cannot change the employer who is claiming JobKeeper payments for you. You can only complete an Employee nomination notice for one employer. This information is included in the JobKeeper FAQs for employees on our website.

In response to your second question, if your employer wants to claim JobKeeper for the first two JobKeeper fortnights, they would need to have paid you by 8 May. If they have done this, they have until 31 May to enrol in the scheme. Take a look at our JobKeeper key dates for more information.

I hope this clears some questions up for you and I wish you all the best.