Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: 2nd payment of early release super

Highlighted

Views 342

Replies 3

Hi

I had my hours reduced by 20% from mid April to the end of June 2020 and was approved for the first payment of early super release for the 2019/2020 financial year.  

If I have been approved for the first payment of early super release for the 2019/2020 financial year and my working hours are now back to normal, can I still claim for the second payment?

Thank you

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jazzy181 

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and welcome to ATO Community.

You can apply for the second early release of Super - it is because of the wording of On or after 1 January 2020, either

• you were made redundant
  • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more
  • if you were a sole trader, your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.

If you meet the condition 'On or after 1 Jan 2020... one of the 3 dot points is relevant you can apply. Your working hours were reduced after Jan 1 2020, correct? If so you CAN apply from July 1 - Sept 24, 2020. 

If you have any concerns about eligibility, you can also check out the information on integrity and compliance for the early release of Super.

Hope that helps

Thanks

LizdeK

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jazzy181 

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and welcome to ATO Community.

You can apply for the second early release of Super - it is because of the wording of On or after 1 January 2020, either

• you were made redundant
  • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more
  • if you were a sole trader, your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.

If you meet the condition 'On or after 1 Jan 2020... one of the 3 dot points is relevant you can apply. Your working hours were reduced after Jan 1 2020, correct? If so you CAN apply from July 1 - Sept 24, 2020. 

If you have any concerns about eligibility, you can also check out the information on integrity and compliance for the early release of Super.

Hope that helps

Thanks

LizdeK

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, my hours were reduced after 1 Jan 2020, but were back to normal working hours as of 29 June, so not on reduced hours currently. So even though I’m now not on reduced hours, I’m still eligible for the second payment?

Thank you.
Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 0

Yep, if you met the criteria the first time you meet them the second time as well as it doesn't say your hours have to stay reduced after 1 July.