Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Am I eligible for JobKeeper as a sole trader if I already receive centrelink payments?

Highlighted

Views 302

Replies 1

Hi, I have lost my income as a sole trader (not a registered business but have an ABN) since 25/3/20 as was orderd to close down. I had a 30% or more decrease in income mid February to mid March. I also am a single Mum of one child who receives Family Tax benefit A & B and small amount of rent assistance plus a small child support payment. Will I be elibile to receive JobKeeper payment as well? I just recently received the $750 stimulus. I did a Job seeker application but deleted it as I read you cannot receive both, and job seeker was going to be processed first. I am worried I will end up with nothing. Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

It sounds like you're doing it tough. According to Treasury, Jobkeeper is considered income so it needs to be reported to Services Australia and will likely make you ineligible for the JobSeeker Payment so you did the right thing by cancelling your application if you're eligible for Jobkeeper. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

It sounds like you're doing it tough. According to Treasury, Jobkeeper is considered income so it needs to be reported to Services Australia and will likely make you ineligible for the JobSeeker Payment so you did the right thing by cancelling your application if you're eligible for Jobkeeper.