Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Am I entitled to Jobkeeper

I'm new

Views 574

Replies 2

Hi! I’ve been working permanent fulltime for almost two years, the company made us use our annual leave and sickleave due to reduced working hours when the COVID-19 strikes NSW in the past months. I’m currently pregnant and 3weeks ago I was bleed a lot at work and that makes me forced to stay at home due to my delicate condition. My bub due date is on August 31, because I don’t have any AL and SL left I don’t have any access to finances just the ftbA, I applied for Jobseeker on Centrelink was approved but not enough to survive the bills, food and rent. My question am I eligible for Jobkeeper at my company? I remembered our company making us sign about jobkeeper. If yes can I have it until September and delay filing my maternity on October? Thank you very much as it was hard for me to pay rental weekly and there’s nothing much I can do I feel so helpless on my situation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Castielle,

I'm sorry to hear about your delicate condition.

Your employer can continue claiming the JobKeeper Payment for you for as long as you meet the eligible employee requirements as outlined on our website (and they remain eligible too). They can use the payment to pay you while you are on paid or unpaid maternity leave. You won't be eligible for any fortnight where you receive Parental Leave Pay from Services Australia.

In regards to your work, leave and pay rights you would need to direct this question to Fair Work. They will be able to let you know about your maternity and other pay entitlements.

Depending on what you find out, you may need to let Services Australia know as your payments from them, e.g. Family Tax Benefit, may be affected.

I hope this Helps!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Castielle,

I'm sorry to hear about your delicate condition.

Your employer can continue claiming the JobKeeper Payment for you for as long as you meet the eligible employee requirements as outlined on our website (and they remain eligible too). They can use the payment to pay you while you are on paid or unpaid maternity leave. You won't be eligible for any fortnight where you receive Parental Leave Pay from Services Australia.

In regards to your work, leave and pay rights you would need to direct this question to Fair Work. They will be able to let you know about your maternity and other pay entitlements.

Depending on what you find out, you may need to let Services Australia know as your payments from them, e.g. Family Tax Benefit, may be affected.

I hope this Helps!

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Castielle 

We have had another look at your post and have added some extra information to our previous response. Check it out.