Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Am I entitled to jobkeeper if I am living overseas

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 540

Replies 2

Good morning, I am an Australian citizen living overseas, I am currently on leave without pay and have been employed for 9 years with a company that is registered for jobkeeper. Am I entitled to received jobkeeper whe I am overseas and on leave without pay??

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sden,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to receive JobKeeper payments, the employer would have to register on your behalf. You would need to be an eligible employee. Please check your eligibility via the link.

You may also need to confirm your residency status as one of the conditions is - 'You were an Australian resident as at 1 March 2020 within the meaning of the Social Security Act 1991, which requires that they reside in Australia, and are one of an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Protected Special Category Visa Holder. More information about these requirements can be found from the Services Australia website under residence descriptions.

Your employee can also be an Australian tax resident who is a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder. Employees who are not permanent residents of Australia must notify you of their visa status to allow you to determine if they are eligible.' If you meet the eligibility you would also need to complete a Nomination Notice form

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sden,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to receive JobKeeper payments, the employer would have to register on your behalf. You would need to be an eligible employee. Please check your eligibility via the link.

You may also need to confirm your residency status as one of the conditions is - 'You were an Australian resident as at 1 March 2020 within the meaning of the Social Security Act 1991, which requires that they reside in Australia, and are one of an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Protected Special Category Visa Holder. More information about these requirements can be found from the Services Australia website under residence descriptions.

Your employee can also be an Australian tax resident who is a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder. Employees who are not permanent residents of Australia must notify you of their visa status to allow you to determine if they are eligible.' If you meet the eligibility you would also need to complete a Nomination Notice form

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR. 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @sden 

Yes, You may be eligible for Jobkeeper payment if you are on leave without pay.

If you’re an eligible employee on paid or unpaid leave and your eligible employer decides to participate in the scheme, they are required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.

The exeption is that you are NOT eligible if you are in receipt of any of these payments during the JobKeeper fortnight   

• government parental leave or Dad and partner pay
  • a payment in accordance with Australian worker compensation law for an individual’s total incapacity for work.

It would be a good idea to get in contact with your employer and ask them if they are participating and if they are nominating you as an eligible employee.

More information about  Job keeper eligibility  can be found here.

I hope you find this information useful.

PBlizz