ATO Community

Re: Annual Leave & Job Keeper

Initiate

Views 424

Replies 4

Good Afternoon,

I know that this question has been asked alot but i'm just looking for some clairification.

Currently I as Stood Down, not being Rostered any hours of work.  I am Only recieveing the Job Keeper Payment.  I am Told that I cannot add my annual leave ontop of my Job keeper payment because I am not actually 'working'.  Is there any Black and white information that stats that I cannot use my annual leave to top up my pay to a more normal amount?

thank you for your time! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @NateAllison,

Firstly to clarify, the Jobkeeper is not your payment. 

Jobkeeper is a subsidy to the company to ensure you get a minimum payment and is paid to the company dependant upon them meeting certain criteria. If the company meets all other requirements and pay you the minimum amount, then the company receives the subsidy.

If you currently earn or are contractually due $0.00 then the company must pass on the full value of the Jobkeeper. However, if you earn or are contractually due (By using leave) anything this then reduces the amount the company needs to pay you from their own costs.

Examples

1. You earn $0.00 the company must pay you top-up of $1,200 from Tier 1 Jobkeeper, if you are applicable to this.

2. You use $500 annual leave, the company must pay you top-up of $700 so you still meet the minimum $1,200 from Tier 1 Jobkeeper, if you are applicable to this.

The only time you will benefit by using Annual leave is if you use more annual leave than the relevant Jobkeeper subsidy that is paid to the company.

See

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/

The JobKeeper Payment scheme is a subsidy for businesses significantly affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Stay healthy.

4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 3

You are only entitled to the JK payment. This is fully discussed on the Fair Work website. Search for "jobkeeper" and "leave pay" on the FW website

Initiate

Replies 2

Hello and thank you for your response, 

however I still cannot find any documentation that explains that I cannot use 

annual leave to top up my Job keeper payment.  any further documentaion would be 

helpful,

thank you.

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @NateAllison,

Firstly to clarify, the Jobkeeper is not your payment. 

Jobkeeper is a subsidy to the company to ensure you get a minimum payment and is paid to the company dependant upon them meeting certain criteria. If the company meets all other requirements and pay you the minimum amount, then the company receives the subsidy.

If you currently earn or are contractually due $0.00 then the company must pass on the full value of the Jobkeeper. However, if you earn or are contractually due (By using leave) anything this then reduces the amount the company needs to pay you from their own costs.

Examples

1. You earn $0.00 the company must pay you top-up of $1,200 from Tier 1 Jobkeeper, if you are applicable to this.

2. You use $500 annual leave, the company must pay you top-up of $700 so you still meet the minimum $1,200 from Tier 1 Jobkeeper, if you are applicable to this.

The only time you will benefit by using Annual leave is if you use more annual leave than the relevant Jobkeeper subsidy that is paid to the company.

See

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/

The JobKeeper Payment scheme is a subsidy for businesses significantly affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Stay healthy.

Initiate

Replies 0

thank you for your Help