Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

As a Buisness Participant that has taken on other full-time but temporary employment am I entitled t

I'm new

Views 362

Replies 2

As a Buisness Participant (Director of a sole trader company) that has taken on other full-time (but temporary) employment am I entitled to continue to claim job keeper? The other job is keeping me afloat but will end soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Babylon,

We can confirm that the JobKeeper and JobKeeper extension rules don't prevent you from getting a job (full-time or otherwise) later on. This means that your company can continue claiming JobKeeper for you as an eligible business participant for as long as you remain actively engaged in the business and the company meets the eligible entity requirements.

For more information about how to work out if you are an eligible business entity, go to our website. You can also check out the 'What if have another job?' Q and A in our forum's COVID-19 support – JobKeeper payment Knowledge Base Article.

I hope this information has cleared up any uncertainty, and wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

RachATO

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Babylon,

We can confirm that the JobKeeper and JobKeeper extension rules don't prevent you from getting a job (full-time or otherwise) later on. This means that your company can continue claiming JobKeeper for you as an eligible business participant for as long as you remain actively engaged in the business and the company meets the eligible entity requirements.

For more information about how to work out if you are an eligible business entity, go to our website. You can also check out the 'What if have another job?' Q and A in our forum's COVID-19 support – JobKeeper payment Knowledge Base Article.

I hope this information has cleared up any uncertainty, and wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

RachATO

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Babylon

We had another look at your question and realised that our previous response was incorrect. We have updated it so check it out.