Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: COVID-19 support – early release of super

Highlighted

Views 129

Replies 1

I had two immediate elderly dependent family member deaths during COVID, lost my primary place of residence, relocated to maintain employment, used all my sick leave in quarrentine with diagnosed ross river fever and went on unpaid leave for a couple of days the period of unpaid leave are greater than 20% if my income. Do I qualify for the early super release? If so which category should I be applying for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bowman899 

Sorry to hear about all the things that have been going on for you - it's a tough time at the moment.

To apply for early release of Super, you need to qualify for one of the scenario's listed.

one of the following circumstances must apply:

• you are unemployed
  • you are eligible to receive one of the following
    • JobSeeker Payment
    • Youth Allowance for job seekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
    • Parenting Payment (which includes the single and partnered payments)
    • Special Benefit
    • Farm Household Allowance
  • on or after 1 January 2020 either
    • you were made redundant
    • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
    • you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more (partners in a partnership are not eligible unless the partner satisfies any other of the eligibility).

You will need to self assess whether any of these apply to you.

You should also take a look at the information on integrity and compliance around early release of Super.

Hope that helps

Thanks

LizdeK

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bowman899 

Sorry to hear about all the things that have been going on for you - it's a tough time at the moment.

To apply for early release of Super, you need to qualify for one of the scenario's listed.

one of the following circumstances must apply:

• you are unemployed
  • you are eligible to receive one of the following
    • JobSeeker Payment
    • Youth Allowance for job seekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
    • Parenting Payment (which includes the single and partnered payments)
    • Special Benefit
    • Farm Household Allowance
  • on or after 1 January 2020 either
    • you were made redundant
    • your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
    • you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more (partners in a partnership are not eligible unless the partner satisfies any other of the eligibility).

You will need to self assess whether any of these apply to you.

You should also take a look at the information on integrity and compliance around early release of Super.

Hope that helps

Thanks

LizdeK