Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

COVID 19

Highlighted

Views 144

Replies 1

Hi I own what I call a micro business in a small town that is finding it hard too. I’m to small to be paying GST and putting in a BAS. I’m literally surviving month to month. What help is there for me to keep my business going. I may not survive through this tough time.
What help is available out there for my business.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shaz5766 

We understand it’s a very stressful time.

We’re supporting small businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19 through:

•    Payment deferrals and low interest payment plans
•    Monthly GST credits
•    Variable PAYG instalments
•    Remitting interest and penalties incurred after 23 January 2020

The Australian Government has also announced a tax-free payment for businesses with a turnover of less than $50 million.

For more information, take a look at Support for sole traders and small business impacted by COVID-19 on ATO Community and Support for Business on Treasury’s website.

We have all the information regarding The Australian Government's economic response to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)

You can also visit Services Australia regarding Government payments for those affected.

I hope that helps,
AgerieB

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shaz5766 

We understand it’s a very stressful time.

We’re supporting small businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19 through:

•    Payment deferrals and low interest payment plans
•    Monthly GST credits
•    Variable PAYG instalments
•    Remitting interest and penalties incurred after 23 January 2020

The Australian Government has also announced a tax-free payment for businesses with a turnover of less than $50 million.

For more information, take a look at Support for sole traders and small business impacted by COVID-19 on ATO Community and Support for Business on Treasury’s website.

We have all the information regarding The Australian Government's economic response to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)

You can also visit Services Australia regarding Government payments for those affected.

I hope that helps,
AgerieB