Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

COVID Early Super Access - Super account no longer active

Views 520

Replies 2

Dear Community,
Has anyone had luck receiving the first round of early release super after mistakenly selecting an old/incorrect super fund in MyGov?

I made this mistake as my super showed 2 x AustSuper active accounts and I forgot that almost 4 years ago now these accounts were transferred to another superfund. As the ATO said that it was updated every 12 months I felt certain it was up to date. An honest mistake on my behalf.

The ATO approved the withdrawal from AustSuper however after a few weeks of waiting and finally being able to message with AustSuper it became clear I had made a simple but annoying mistake.

From what Ive read I am unable to submit a new request. Has anyone had a similar situation and been successful in asking the ATO to release a 2nd letter to an active super fund?

Thanks, stay well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

If you phone the ATO they will be able to fix this for you. You are best off to call 13 10 20, which is the number for the superannuation area.

Just explain that you have already made an application, but the fund you selected to withdraw from was closed some time before you applied.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

If you phone the ATO they will be able to fix this for you. You are best off to call 13 10 20, which is the number for the superannuation area.

Just explain that you have already made an application, but the fund you selected to withdraw from was closed some time before you applied.

Replies 0

Dear GeeEmm,
Thanks so much for your super fast response. Much appreciated.
V