Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Can I change from Jobseeker to Jobkeeper?

I'm new

Views 396

Replies 1

I have been on Jobseeker since April after losing my full-time job (PAYG) as a direct result of COVID.  Prior to taking this job however in late-2019, I worked part of the year as a sole-trader under my ABN.  My Accountant believes I should be eligible for Jobkeeper which will allow me to earn some money (if I can find the work) on top of my Jobkeeper allowance.  How do I go about changing over from Jobseeker to Jobkeeper?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SeekertoKeeper

If you have met the eligibility requirements of a sole trader you can apply for JobKeeper. To be eligible you need to meet the conditions of an eligible entity and be an eligible business participant. If you are eligible you will need to report your JobKeeper payments to Services Australia and this may affect your eligibility for JobSeeker payments.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SeekertoKeeper

If you have met the eligibility requirements of a sole trader you can apply for JobKeeper. To be eligible you need to meet the conditions of an eligible entity and be an eligible business participant. If you are eligible you will need to report your JobKeeper payments to Services Australia and this may affect your eligibility for JobSeeker payments.

All the best!