Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: Can I get additional permanent full time work whilst on JobKeeper and being stood down

Highlighted

Views 118

Replies 3

Hi Team,

I am just enquiring about Jobkeeper and accepting other work.

I am currently stood down from my current/primary employer and reciving jobkeeper but I am trying to get other work to earn some more money. Can I accept another permanent full time role with a different company or can I only accept contracts, part time or casual work since I am stood down.

If I was to accept another permanent full time role at a different company would I need to resign from my primary employer because I would become a permanent employee of someone else?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @AnonRhino,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you were employed by your employer on 1 March 2020 and you later get an additional permanent job, you can still claim JobKeeper through your original employer. You are allowed to earn additional income while you are on JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment relationship with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

There is more information about JobKeeper for employees on our website.

I hope this helps.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @AnonRhino,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you were employed by your employer on 1 March 2020 and you later get an additional permanent job, you can still claim JobKeeper through your original employer. You are allowed to earn additional income while you are on JobKeeper as long as you maintain your employment relationship with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

There is more information about JobKeeper for employees on our website.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

So it does not matter that if I get another permanent role I will now be considered to be working at 2 companies full time (with one being stood down) as long as I have the intent to return to my original employer when permitted?

thanks

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @AnonRhino

Yes that is correct as long as you still have a an employment relationship with your employer claiming JobKeeper.

Hope this helps!