ATO Community

Can I receive back payments of Jobkeeper from my workplace?

I'm new

Views 470

Replies 2

Hi all,

I am currently employed in the Meatworks industry and my workplace was temporarily closed down on 10/07/20 due to Covid-19. All empoyees were notified via email on 23/07/20 that the Jobkeeper payments would be received on 27/07/20 - commencing next pay cycle (Pay cycle is weekly which means week 19/07/20 to 25/07/20 we will receive $750).

Am I entitled to receive a back payment for the previous week; 12/07/20 to 18/07/20? They have used up my sick leave in order to pay me prior to the Jobkeeper payment and the employers have stated via email they will start to use Annual Leave once there is no more sick leave.

I would appreciate any guidance here to get some clarity around the situation.

Note: The Jobkeeper nomination form was provided to the workplace on 22/07/2020.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HieuH ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

JobKeeper payment cannot be back paid. The key dates to apply for past periods have now closed. Each month your employer must make a business monthly declaration to claim JobKeeper payments for the previous month. Your employer needs to do this between the 1st and 14th of the month (for example, to be reimbursed for JobKeeper payments in May you need to complete the declaration by 14 June).

It is possible your employer missed the cut off for the previous week. You may want to contact your employer and ask them when they submitted the application to claim JobKeeper for their employees.

All the best,

JacquelineATO

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HieuH ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

JobKeeper payment cannot be back paid. The key dates to apply for past periods have now closed. Each month your employer must make a business monthly declaration to claim JobKeeper payments for the previous month. Your employer needs to do this between the 1st and 14th of the month (for example, to be reimbursed for JobKeeper payments in May you need to complete the declaration by 14 June).

It is possible your employer missed the cut off for the previous week. You may want to contact your employer and ask them when they submitted the application to claim JobKeeper for their employees.

All the best,

JacquelineATO

Devotee

Replies 0

they are allowed to use up your leave while you are on JK. FairWork website has lots of info on this