Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

Can I work a second fulltime job while on Jobkeeper

Views 9846

Replies 4

Hi, I been stood down with employer A and is on jobkeeper.

Because my employer has no idea when to reopen, Im looking for jobs but would like to keep my primary job.

Am I allow to have a second job?

Will it affect my jobkeeper with employer A? 

Does it matters if the second job is casual, partime or fulltime, or how much I earn?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

You can get a second job and receive JK firm job A, provided
Your second job is casual. There is no limit to hours or income from your casual job whole on JK with employer A. Obviously you wouldn't qualify for JK on your new job because new employees don't qualify for JK and you can only get JK via one employer anyway
You can find this info on the ATOs jobkeeper FAQs for employees
4 REPLIES 4

Champion

Replies 0

You are only eligible once, if you work two jobs you need to choose which one you need to claim JobKeeper through and then you need to inform your second employer to exclude you from their scheme.

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

You can get a second job and receive JK firm job A, provided
Your second job is casual. There is no limit to hours or income from your casual job whole on JK with employer A. Obviously you wouldn't qualify for JK on your new job because new employees don't qualify for JK and you can only get JK via one employer anyway
You can find this info on the ATOs jobkeeper FAQs for employees

Replies 1

Thank you, but what I want to know is that if I found a second and is fulltime, getting normal fulltime pay, will this affect my JK with employer A.

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @tomnook 

Thanks for your post.

You can earn additional income without your eligibility being affected as long as you maintain your employment (including while being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer.

As mentioned by @KatieAcacia , this scenario is answered in the JobKeeper-Payment Employees FAQ .

Thanks

JoA