Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Can an employer stop paying employees after jobseeker finishes.

Views 786

Replies 4

My partners employer has said that after jobseeker ends, the employer will not pay the hourly wage to my partner, so that my partner can make up for the hours in job seeker payments.

This doesn’t seem legally right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 0

Hmm sounds a bit dodgy. Fair Work is probably the best place to look for these types of questions. Might even be worth reporting.

If your partner is still employed and working then they should be getting paid by their employer.

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Initiate

Replies 0

Hmm sounds a bit dodgy. Fair Work is probably the best place to look for these types of questions. Might even be worth reporting.

If your partner is still employed and working then they should be getting paid by their employer.

Devotee

Replies 2

Do you mean JobKeeper?

Replies 1

Yes, I meant jobkeeper

Devotee

Replies 0

I agree with @VolcanoMan the first step would be to discuss their concerns with their employer come September when Jobkeeper ends. If the employer still doesn't want to pay them for the work they are carrying out, then they would need to seek further action. But this is more of a Fair work / workplace disputes question than an ATO question. Have a look at Resolving workplace issues