Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Can my employer deduct annual leave to make up the hours not worked for Job Keeper?

Highlighted

Views 386

Replies 1

My boss has said that we (full time employees) are supposed to work the amount of hours that make up the $1500 per week, otherwise our annual leave will be deducted. Please not the following is in relation to staff being paid Job Keeper weekly at $750 per week. For example, Jack has a salary of $50,000 making his hourly rate $25.30 (50k / 52 weeks / 38 hours). They have said that in this situation Jack should work at least 29 hours in a week to receive the Job Keeper payment ($750 / $25.30/hour = 29 hours. If Jack only works 20 hours a week whilst receiving Job Keeper, then 9 hours is deducted from his annual leave to make up the 29 hours. Before Job Keeper days, if staff at this workplace did not work a full 38 hours in a week, however many hours to make up the difference were deducted from annual leave. Is this legal now and relevant to staff receiving Job Keeper payments? Thanks a lot in advance for a reply!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jmax 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community. I understand that this is a very frustrating time.

If you have questions about workplace entitlements and obligations in relation to the JobKeeper Payment scheme, the Fair Work Commission has released guidance on how it can assist with JobKeeper disputes. If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

I hope this information helps.

AmandaCW

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jmax 

Thanks for contacting ATO Community. I understand that this is a very frustrating time.

If you have questions about workplace entitlements and obligations in relation to the JobKeeper Payment scheme, the Fair Work Commission has released guidance on how it can assist with JobKeeper disputes. If you are concerned that someone is doing the wrong thing in relation to JobKeeper payment, you can tell us about it. To report illegal or behaviour of concern, see Making a tip off.

I hope this information helps.

AmandaCW