Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Can you add staff and backdate their Jobkeeper Payments

Highlighted

Views 126

Replies 1

I notified all my staff via our normal messaging software that we were regsitering for Jobkeeper and told them to let me know if they were intending on claiming it as some have other jobs etc.   All but three of them asked to be regsitered and returned forms to me.  I have been paying the other 16 as required.  The three that did not respond or return forms have now said they wish to claim and returned forms this week. The are all only 17 years old they are only entitled to the first three rounds.  When I rang the ATO yesterday I was told that they cannot be added now and I can not do an adjustment for them for April.  This does not seem correct, can someone please clarify for me before I let them know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kezsommo 

This is covered in our FAQs for employers on our website.

Question: I haven’t received all of the nomination forms back from my employees. Can I still complete step 2 'Identify and maintain your eligible employees' now for the ones I have received?

Answer: Yes, you can. You can either:

• choose to complete step 2 listing the eligible employees you have received forms from now
    • wait until you have received all the forms back.

If you lodge now, you can add further eligible employees later by contacting us. You should still encourage your employees to return their nomination forms to you as soon as possible.

The criteria for employees who were 16 or 17 states – they can qualify for fortnights before 11 May 2020, and continue to qualify after that if they are independent or not undertaking full time study.

Of course they need to meet all other eligibility requirements. They also need to be paid according to the paying your eligible employees guidelines.

The closing date to nominate for this period is 31 May 2020, you will need to phone us to add them.

Wishing you all the best.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Kezsommo 

This is covered in our FAQs for employers on our website.

Question: I haven’t received all of the nomination forms back from my employees. Can I still complete step 2 'Identify and maintain your eligible employees' now for the ones I have received?

Answer: Yes, you can. You can either:

• choose to complete step 2 listing the eligible employees you have received forms from now
    • wait until you have received all the forms back.

If you lodge now, you can add further eligible employees later by contacting us. You should still encourage your employees to return their nomination forms to you as soon as possible.

The criteria for employees who were 16 or 17 states – they can qualify for fortnights before 11 May 2020, and continue to qualify after that if they are independent or not undertaking full time study.

Of course they need to meet all other eligibility requirements. They also need to be paid according to the paying your eligible employees guidelines.

The closing date to nominate for this period is 31 May 2020, you will need to phone us to add them.

Wishing you all the best.