Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Can you receive Job Seeker while under review for Job Keeper ?

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 244

Replies 1

Hello, l registered for Job Seeker and received one payment before being told by my accountant l qualified for JOB KEEPER as a Sole Trader .l received my first JK  payment May 23rd. I declared on June 2nd and was eventually told l was "under review " I reported my first Job Keeper payment to Centrelink but remained registered with them. I reported my second JK to them in anticipation that l would receive it. It never came...Eventually after 42 days with no income and kids and animals to feed l told Centrelink this fortnight l had 0 income. I have now received a second Job Seeker payment. Is this going to complicate the review??? Do l just keep reporting that l have no income to Centrelink until the outcome of the review??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SoleSinger 

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and understand this can be a difficult time for many.

Our knowledge based articles contain some additional information. You do sound like you are keeping Services Australia up to date with your situation. Once the review is completed, if you start to get JobKeeper payments you may need to cancel your JobSeeker Payment to avoid getting a debt. If you are back paid for JobKeeper payments you may need to repay money to Services Australia, ensure you continue reporting to them and updating them throughout the process.

Wishing you all the best.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SoleSinger 

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and understand this can be a difficult time for many.

Our knowledge based articles contain some additional information. You do sound like you are keeping Services Australia up to date with your situation. Once the review is completed, if you start to get JobKeeper payments you may need to cancel your JobSeeker Payment to avoid getting a debt. If you are back paid for JobKeeper payments you may need to repay money to Services Australia, ensure you continue reporting to them and updating them throughout the process.

Wishing you all the best.