Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Can you take your employee off jobkeeper if they do not do enough hours?

Highlighted

Views 350

Replies 3

Hi, 

I am currently a university student and can only work 13 hours per week. Can my employer cut me from the Job Keeper Scheme, even if they are paying other employees, and pay me a hourly rate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @alyssadegregg 

There is no minimum number of hours you need to work to receive the JobKeeper payment. If you are eligible and your employer is claiming the payment for other employees they must must nominate you.

Thanks, Nate

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @alyssadegregg 

There is no minimum number of hours you need to work to receive the JobKeeper payment. If you are eligible and your employer is claiming the payment for other employees they must must nominate you.

Thanks, Nate

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thank you for your prompt response. 

If I am currently recieving job keeper though can they cut me from the job Keeper Scheme if I cannot work the number of hours they are asking for due to University commitments?

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @alyssadegregg,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay.

Questions about employee conditions including their duties and hours need to be answered by Fair Work.

Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.