Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Cash Flow Boost Rejected

I'm new

Views 974

Replies 2

Hello Everyone I run small Resturant Business and registered Company in June 2019 and I was sending all my data to My Tax agent to lodge my Business activity Statement every quarter since company registration, But I got know in mid of March 2020 that my tax agent which I was appointed closed his Practice due to some problems in his tax agent Licence, Since that I was collecting all my data from him and start looking advice from other Agents to lodge my all activity statements, as soon as I receive data from previous accountant and after some professional advice I lodge my Business activity statement on 1 may 2020, But my cash flow boost is rejected by Ato by saying that, I didn't meet the criteria because I didn't lodge any tax return & Business Activitie Before 12th of March, Please advise me what should I do... Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @laddisandhu1985,

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sorry to hear about your situation.

As stated in the letter provided, a notice of business activity needs to be provided by 12 March 2020 to be eligible for the Cash Flow boost. Please read the eligibility companion guide which gives an overview of how we determine eligibility.

Discretion is available in very limited circumstances and an additional or later time to notify us of your business activity would need to be allowed by the Commissioner. Criteria number 4 from the link provided goes into further details. Keep in mind you need to satisfy all six criteria listed.

All the best,

Dejan

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @laddisandhu1985,

Thank you for reaching out to the community and sorry to hear about your situation.

As stated in the letter provided, a notice of business activity needs to be provided by 12 March 2020 to be eligible for the Cash Flow boost. Please read the eligibility companion guide which gives an overview of how we determine eligibility.

Discretion is available in very limited circumstances and an additional or later time to notify us of your business activity would need to be allowed by the Commissioner. Criteria number 4 from the link provided goes into further details. Keep in mind you need to satisfy all six criteria listed.

All the best,

Dejan

Initiate

Replies 0

Parliment is hopefully reviewing this 

You can sign this which will hopefully help if it has enough support  https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1699