Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Cash Flow Boost for Airbnb Hosts

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 124

Replies 1

I've been running my own property on Airbnb for years and not registered with an ABN, moving in and out continually for whole house bookings. In Febuary I hit over $75,000 for this tax year so knew that I should look into getting an ABN. Then Covid hit and all Airbnb income has gone to $0 for months now. I have always run my Airbnb business with separate bank account and treat it exactly the same as a separate business.

My question is Cashflow Boost and Job Keeper. Are there allowances for us 'Sharing Economy' people to be eligable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Virtuallynne 

Thanks for getting in touch with us - we know it's tough at the moment.

To be eligible for the Cashflow Boost, you need to have employees, plus other considerations, and it's paid automatically if you're eligible.

For JobKeeper, one of the requirements is that you have an ABN, which you can apply for at any time, regardless of whether you have income over $75,000. However, you can also apply for Commissioner's discretion if not having an ABN was the only reason that you aren't eligible for the payment.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Virtuallynne 

Thanks for getting in touch with us - we know it's tough at the moment.

To be eligible for the Cashflow Boost, you need to have employees, plus other considerations, and it's paid automatically if you're eligible.

For JobKeeper, one of the requirements is that you have an ABN, which you can apply for at any time, regardless of whether you have income over $75,000. However, you can also apply for Commissioner's discretion if not having an ABN was the only reason that you aren't eligible for the payment.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK