ATO Community

Re: Cash flow Boost eligibility

Views 670

Replies 5

Hi,

Could anyone help us on Cash Flow Boost? According to the criteria, we should be eligible. But we checked with ATO, they said we are not....

Please see below our company's current situation in accordance with Eligibility companion guide. 

1. Business size is less than $50 million

2. We do have ABN before 12Mar 2020

3. Derive income and made sales after 1/07/2018 and before 12/03/3030

4. Our 2018-19 income tax return hasn't been lodged

But we lodged all BAS & PAYG from 2018 to 2019.Eligibility companion guide for cash flow boost 

5. PAYG withholding registried and paid to employees

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rachelt1218

That is strange. My suggestion is that you call the number at the bottom of the page of the link you provided in your original post, and press 7. I cannot see based on the information you've provided that you are not eligible according to our requirements. Ask the representative to look into manually applying the credit as it may have not been applied automatically due to an error, or if that fails, ask them about your options for discretion. 

Let us know how it goes, please. Keen to see if you get further than you did last time you called.

5 REPLIES 5

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @rechelt1218,

Did you receive any notification or indication on which eligibility criteria wasn't met? Or on what grounds the business was deemed to be ineligible?

Replies 0

Hi Steph,

I called to ATO and they said we haven't lodged 2018-19 Tax return. 

But I checked the eligibilty criteria, I thought 2018-19 tax return lodgement is optional. You can either lodge it or lodge all BAS &PAYG during 2018-19.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rachelt1218

That is strange. My suggestion is that you call the number at the bottom of the page of the link you provided in your original post, and press 7. I cannot see based on the information you've provided that you are not eligible according to our requirements. Ask the representative to look into manually applying the credit as it may have not been applied automatically due to an error, or if that fails, ask them about your options for discretion. 

Let us know how it goes, please. Keen to see if you get further than you did last time you called.

Initiate

Replies 1

Is the aggregated turnover of $50 million for indiviual companies or the groups they belong to?

Our company is a subsidiary of an international group. Apprently, the international group's total turnover is more than $50m, but our company in Australia is a small company. Are we eligibal for the cash flow boost?

Many thanks in advance for your ideas and thoughts.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MichelleXL,

If under your Companies ABN Income tax return lodged within the last three years (2016-17, 2017-18 or 2018-19) or Business Activity Statements lodged between 1 July 2018 and 12 March 2020 reflected income of less than $50 million, and you meet the other eligibility criteria then you would be eligible for the Cash Flow Boost.

Links

Cash Flow Boost Eligibility