Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Casual Employee - what is regular and systematic?

Views 625

Replies 1

Hi
I'm a causual employee and have been with the same company for 2.5 years. Last year I was unavaiable as a result of medical issues for approximately 3 months. I would consider myself a long term employee and during this time I had conversations with my manager about returning to work and being transferred to another department (which I then was).

My employeer has said that I am not eligible because of the time I had to have off. This doesn't seem right to me, what's the definition of a regular and systematic worker?
I had been given expectations that I would be returning to work after this period and I had worked there for over 12 months already.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Satsumarolls 

Thanks for reaching out.

Here is some information about working on 'regular and systematic' basis. It could also be worth touching base with the Fair Work Ombudsman as there has been changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.

EmilyH

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Satsumarolls 

Thanks for reaching out.

Here is some information about working on 'regular and systematic' basis. It could also be worth touching base with the Fair Work Ombudsman as there has been changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.

EmilyH