Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Casual Employee who only makes Job Keeper eligibility via unpaid training.

Highlighted

Views 280

Replies 3

I have a casual employee who started paid shifts in March 2019 falling just short of the 12 months. He did do unpaid training shifts for a number of weeks prior to this with the intention of employment from the beggining. It seems a grey area here and the lad is a hard worker. Where do we sit? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Peter83,

Thanks for reaching out to clarify, we do understand this can be a confusing time.

If there is a contract or some evidence that an employment relationship existed on or before March 1, this may be enough to meet the eligibity criteria. In this case you could follow the process to nominate them.

I hope this helps you, SueO

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Replies 0

Is there anyone prepared to respond?

Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Peter83,

Thanks for reaching out to clarify, we do understand this can be a confusing time.

If there is a contract or some evidence that an employment relationship existed on or before March 1, this may be enough to meet the eligibity criteria. In this case you could follow the process to nominate them.

I hope this helps you, SueO

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thanks Sue