Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Casual Jobkeeper Eligibility

Highlighted

Views 139

Replies 3

Hi there,
As of October 2018 I have been a casual employee of a business, during April and September 2019 I took some time off overseas (in this time I was still marked as employed by the business). During the time I was in Australia I worked on a regular and systematic basis, however some weeks ago my employer informed me that I am not eligible unless I find a written response to my situation. I have been trying to find written documentation that approves my circumstances, but have struggled to do so in the past couple of weeks.
Wondering if anyone could help me out.
Thanks heaps.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sam8 

The Fair Work website is the best place to provide an answer your question about what is employment on a regular and systemic basis.

Hope this information helps you with your situation.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sam8 

The Fair Work website is the best place to provide an answer your question about what is employment on a regular and systemic basis.

Hope this information helps you with your situation.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi Robyn,
Thankyou for your reply.
Unfortunately my employer has told me that they will only take written evidence from the ATO not from Fairwork. Was there any way I could get written confirmation from the ATO? From what I read on Fairwork it sounds like I am eligible.
Cheers.
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sam8,

Thank you for your response. The Fairwork website sets out the rules and guidelines for the Jobkeeper payment. Sounds like your employer may not be wanting to either enrol for JobKeeper payment or if they have done so already, not want to list you as an eligible employee

It is not compulsory for the employer to enrol for JobKeeper payment, nor is it compulsory for an employee to agree to it.

If your employer has enrolled and is not willing to nominate you and you determine you are an eligible employee, you can complete a tip off form via our website. You may also contact us for further advice. I don't think we can write to your employer when the information is online.

Regards,

Jodie2.