Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Casual Jobkeeper eigibility, was full time worker of the same company for several years.

I'm new

Views 389

Replies 1

Hi,

I have been working for the same employer for few years, and only 8 months ago I switched my employment status from Full time to Casual.

Will I be eligible for JobKeeper?

Also, If I work 1 or 2 shifts every month mostly on Saturday, is this considered systematic?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sean1031 

Thanks for your question.

To Work out if you are an eligible employee – check out this link.

Of particular relevance to you is that you need to be a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.

Please discuss this with your employer and if deemed your employment (whether permanent or casual) has been regular/systemic then you may be eligible.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sean1031 

Thanks for your question.

To Work out if you are an eligible employee – check out this link.

Of particular relevance to you is that you need to be a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.

Please discuss this with your employer and if deemed your employment (whether permanent or casual) has been regular/systemic then you may be eligible.

Hope this helps.