Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Casual Jobkeeper eigibility, was full time worker of the same company for several years.

I'm new

Views 423

Replies 1

Hi,

I have been working for the same employer for few years, and only 8 months ago I switched my employment status from Full time to Casual.

Will I be eligible for JobKeeper?

Also, If I work 1 or 2 shifts every month mostly on Saturday, is this considered systematic?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sean1031 

Thanks for your question.

To Work out if you are an eligible employee – check out this link.

Of particular relevance to you is that you need to be a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.

Please discuss this with your employer and if deemed your employment (whether permanent or casual) has been regular/systemic then you may be eligible.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sean1031 

Thanks for your question.

To Work out if you are an eligible employee – check out this link.

Of particular relevance to you is that you need to be a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.

Please discuss this with your employer and if deemed your employment (whether permanent or casual) has been regular/systemic then you may be eligible.

Hope this helps.