Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Casual with a second job in aged care

I'm new

Views 648

Replies 1

We have a casual employee who is registered us at her main employer and she receives job keeper from us. She works with us approx 4 days per week - Recently she has taken another casual job at an aged care facility. My question is, Is she allowed to work in another job especially in a high risk area like Aged care in the current covid enviroment? Can we make her choose ONE place of employment only?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RobM1,

The employee is allowed to earn additional income while they are on JobKeeper as long as they maintain their employment relationship with their JobKeeper-eligible employer, which is you.

In regards to whether or not you can make the employee to remain only in your employment, you will need to direct this question to Fair Work. Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RobM1,

The employee is allowed to earn additional income while they are on JobKeeper as long as they maintain their employment relationship with their JobKeeper-eligible employer, which is you.

In regards to whether or not you can make the employee to remain only in your employment, you will need to direct this question to Fair Work. Fair Work has provided additional guidance on employee and employer obligations – see JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

I hope this helps.