Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Casuals on jobkeeper

Views 280

Replies 1

Hi,

With casual employees on jobkeeper I understand they must still be paid jobkeeper when on leave, eventhough casuals are not entitled to annual leave. My question is can this payment be a payment in advance of future work, so if they have 2 weeks off now and receive $1500 can they work 2 weeks after jobkeeper and not be paid because thay have already been paid. My employees are already being paid 3 times more than usual with the jobkeeper payment, so seems unfair they get paid when thay did not work at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Thanks for posting @Curious21

If an eligible employee is on authorised unpaid leave they must receive at least the amount of the JobKeeper payment. You need to pay your employee for the two weeks they are off but it will not be a payment for future work. When they work following these two weeks off you will need to pay them as normal. For questions on how leave and JobKeeper work please go to Fair Work Australia.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Thanks for posting @Curious21

If an eligible employee is on authorised unpaid leave they must receive at least the amount of the JobKeeper payment. You need to pay your employee for the two weeks they are off but it will not be a payment for future work. When they work following these two weeks off you will need to pay them as normal. For questions on how leave and JobKeeper work please go to Fair Work Australia.

Hope this helps!