Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Causal employee requesting long leave

I'm new

Views 578

Replies 3

Hi,

I have a casual employee who is requesting leave for non-medical non-essential operation and recovery for 2-3 weeks.

Do I still have to claim and pass the jobkeeper topup to her for that period?

I understand if going by current rulings it seems she should be paid but I do feel it is abusing the benefit.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @richsun512,

Thanks for reaching out.

Questions about employee conditions including their duties and hours need to be answered by Fair Work.

Fair work has information about leave and the JobKeeper scheme on their website.

I hope this helps.

3 REPLIES 3

Devotee

Replies 0

If you agree to her taking the time of then you have to claim JK for her. If you don't agree and she goes anyway, you will have to cancel her JK as her employment will terminate. Giving her leave on JK is absolutely allowed, so it is up to you. Fair Work sets itout. I believe that if you stop her JK you won't be able to restart it again later.

Devotee

Replies 0

The rules don't care what we think is or is not fair.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @richsun512,

Thanks for reaching out.

Questions about employee conditions including their duties and hours need to be answered by Fair Work.

Fair work has information about leave and the JobKeeper scheme on their website.

I hope this helps.