Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Change in employee Jobkeeper status not showing in Business Portal

Highlighted

Views 142

Replies 3

We claimed JobKeeper for one of our staff in April but shouldn't have. We removed him from JobKeeper on 29 May in Xero and have filed multiple payrolls since then.

I went to do the monthly declaration but he is still showing on our system. I can't see any way to remove the JK wage manually and for some reason it looks like Xero and the ATO system aren't communicating.

Do I declare the form correct knowing it is not and that we will have to repay the JK and maybe be hit with fines? Or is there a way to manually remove him?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @BRRK 

If any of your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you will need to update this employee information through your monthly declaration.

If you need to make changes to your eligible employees, use the same method you used in Step 2 – Identify your eligible employees:  

• Make the changes in your STP pay event report and lodge and allow three days for the changes to process.
  • Lodge an updated JobKeeper report using the Business Portal File transfer function and allow three days for the report to process.
  • Have any updates to your eligible employees' information ready to enter into the Business Portal.

More information is available in the JobKeeper guide for employers.

Let us know if you still require assistance.

Thanks, Ari

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @BRRK 

If any of your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you will need to update this employee information through your monthly declaration.

If you need to make changes to your eligible employees, use the same method you used in Step 2 – Identify your eligible employees:  

• Make the changes in your STP pay event report and lodge and allow three days for the changes to process.
  • Lodge an updated JobKeeper report using the Business Portal File transfer function and allow three days for the report to process.
  • Have any updates to your eligible employees' information ready to enter into the Business Portal.

More information is available in the JobKeeper guide for employers.

Let us know if you still require assistance.

Thanks, Ari

Highlighted

Replies 1

Did you get a solution on this one?

Ihave almost the same problem ie; I updated that one of our staff was no longer eligible to receive JK so I "stopped" it on Xero, processed and submitted 2 payrolls since, but the ATO portal still states I have 9 employees eligible. 

Highlighted

Replies 0

Hey Mary - yes I did - from Xero.

So the trick is you need to submit a payroll with the ex-employee showing a zero pay. This “zeroes” them out and tells the ATO they are no longer on JK.

I didn’t send any more pays with the ex-employee so no info was submitted to the ATO telling them the JK was cancelled.

The zero pay needs to be dated the week you cancelled the JK.

Hope this helps.