Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Coronavirus access to 10k super

Views 1439

Replies 3

Hi. In relation to the early access of up to 10k from super due to a 20% loss or more in hours, I am wondering if being told I can no longer do my regular overtime hours constitutes a drop in hours?
I normally have regular overtime hours which is now gone... So using the ATO example given I will receive a drop of 20% or more compared to the last 6 months average... Or does this only apply to a reduction in base hours?

Also for people that qualify to access up to 10k, can you, at your discretion access the full 10k or is there a calculation the ATO does to see how much of that 10k you are entitles to?
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @Stockmad,

Great question.

The eligibility is that your hours have reduced by 20% or more. When you apply you will need to certify that you meet the criteria. You will be able to apply in mid-April and you will be provided with the certification criteria when the system is updated.

So if your hours have dropped by 20% and you can certify it - you would be eligible.

All the best.

KylieS

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @Stockmad,

Great question.

The eligibility is that your hours have reduced by 20% or more. When you apply you will need to certify that you meet the criteria. You will be able to apply in mid-April and you will be provided with the certification criteria when the system is updated.

So if your hours have dropped by 20% and you can certify it - you would be eligible.

All the best.

KylieS

Replies 1

Thanks Kylie
So you read it the same way as me that its not just base hours? Ie a reduction in any hours including overtime?
Also what about the secomd part of my original question too please if you know the answer?
Thanks

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Stockmad,

The eligibility only talks about hours not what sort of payment that you receive for those hours.

If you have the $10,000 in your super account you are able to with draw the full amount.

KylieS